Sunday, October 09, 2011

Polka dots

Hiya! I bought this top awhile back for $1:




I love polka dots so I couldn't resist it! I unbuttoned the 1st couple of buttons and put in on upside down:
Pinned it to fit my waist & hips then took it off and removed the shoulder pads, sleeves and front and back yokes. I pressed it flat then continued pinning the side seams:
Then I was ready to sew the side seams, do a fitting then trim, overlock and hem:

So now I have a sweet highwaisted skirt :) and for fun I tried on the old shirt collar with it and I think it makes for a rather funky outfit ;)

9 comments:

Lollean said...

Cute!

Zom said...

Inspired!

Rowena said...

That's very clever and pretty! I love the collar too!

Unknown said...

Love it! The collar looks bang on too!
Px

Refashion said...

Wow - I love the skirt. It looks fab on you, the collar makes it such a lovely outfit too.

Debbie
EOD

Anonymous said...

Great outfit, especially with the collar!

Charity Sims-Jenkins said...

I love this! It is such a great idea in the first place and you have done it really well.

Stacia said...

Beautifully done!

Wag Doll said...

I love this! very clever x